Amsterdam & The Hague
– VWO diploma
– dabbled at uni in physics & psychology
– Rietveld Art Academy (1 year)
– self-taught art & design
– Amsterdam (<2005)
– London (2005-2011)
– Haarlem (>2011)
– Graphic design (web, infographics, books, posters, games, apps)
– Visuals (photo/graphics manipulations, collages, etc.)
– Illustration (various styles)
– Animations (Flash/Animate; html5)
– Graphic software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash/Animate
– Webdesign: html/css, WordPress, Wix, Cargo Collective, Squarespace, Bootstrap
– Fluent in English & Dutch
– Analytical (abstract thinking, conceptual)
– Creative (original artwork, various mediums)
Some of the advertising/design companies I’ve worked at
BBC, Sky, JWT, AKQA, Ogilvy, Digitas, Poke, Agency Republic, Leo Burnett, Dare, Glue, iris, Euro RSCG, Wunderman, IJsfontein.
Some clients I’ve worked for
Vodafone, Nokia, Sony, Ford, Mazda, Nissan, TFL, L’Oréal, HSBC, Xbox, Lloyds TSB, Shell, Audi, Nike, ITV.
Some recruitment agencies I’ve worked for
Aquent, Major Players, Digital Gurus, Ruwer
Other work I’ve done
Tutoring/teaching (web design / WordPress; art drawing)
Married; one son
Talking, reading, writing;
movies, music, graphic novels
What others say about me
In the very modesty and honesty of his drawing and writing Enker brings a real conviction to get across this extraordinary, life-changing, life-renewing event, to us and to himself.
(from Paul’s 2008 review of In Transition, my 7/7 London bombings experience book)
David is a great artist/designer. He has some awesome illustration-skills. He made illustrations and animations for a game at IJsfontein which I had to program. He’s got a very kind spirit and is quick and responsive. I highly recommend him.
David worked to tight (possibly crazy) deadlines and deliver what we needed perfectly to brief. Would use him again, definitely.
We got to know David as a sympathetic, empathetic colleague when he worked with us on websites, newsletters, DTP work and on beautiful visuals and illustrations.